Close this search box.


Each resident must be registered with their respective municipality. Find an overview on the different procedures below. You can also insert your country and specific situation on’s online quick-check

This source also provides more information on your residence-rights. The website also provides a (rather abstract) comparison of integration policies in Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands where all countries in the Euregio Meuse-Rhine rank comparably high. If you are unsatisfied, note that when residing in a new place, you also gain certain political rights.

For more information on your family’s or partner’s rights, find’s infomation and quick checks for partners from within the EU or the family rights for third-state nationals. Click on the map below for the national content relative to your place of residence:

Registration in your region:

Nordrhein Westfalen Deutschsprachige Gemeinschaft Provinz Lüttich Provinz Limburg (BE) Provinz Limburg (NL) DE BE NL

Also worth reading:

Act local

In some places, you can have a twofold registration in two countries, e.g. “Zweitwohnsitz” in Germany. But in general, registration is a matter of solely national and municipal responsibility that greatly differs among (local) authorities.

This section collects commonalities and help for self-help in English to guide you through.

I have a question